What We Are Looking For
The driving factor behind SCNO's growth and success has been and will ultimately continue to be the high standard set by our members. Time and time again, SCNO's consultants have been successful in exceeding client expectations and delivering true value on projects. Fueling this quality is the extremely thorough and competitive recruitment process we go through to bring new consultants into the organization.
Each semester, SCNO looks to add 15-20 elite new consultants to SCNO while we routinely receive applications nearing triple digits. In potential consultants, we look for a number of key traits and expect evidence and experience to back them up. Successful applicants typically have a strong academic track record, an ability to think outside the box in new and creative ways, an interest in helping to build a developing organization, and leadership potential. There is no requirement surrounding year in school or major–with a strong base of non-business majors and members with leadership roles ranging in year from freshman to senior, our focus is on putting the right people in the right spots. In all our consultants, regardless of major or experience, we look for clean and clear thought processes and organized approaches to problem solving.
Think you would be a good fit within SCNO? Start the application now: Spring 2013 Consultant Application.
What SCNO Consultants Can Expect
Joining SCNO affords members access to experience difficult to come by for undergraduate students on campus. In providing consultants an opportunity to work in real client situations utilizing a consulting model designed with the help of professional consultants from companies like the Boston Consulting Group, Accenture, and Towers Watson among others, our consultants are uniquely prepared to enter full-time roles. But perhaps more importantly, SCNO provides an environment encouraging growth and development while providing for opportunities to test new skills.
The practical experience that is provided through an SCNO engagement gives our members the competitive edge in the job market as they develop skills sought after in a wide variety of industries. Aside from possessing great passion for what they do, our members possess and further develop strong analytic skills and have real experience managing clients, working in teams and solving problems by providing implementable solutions.
- Networking – You’ll connect with talented peers and meet professionals at leading consulting firms
- Leadership – Challenge yourself with Team Leader, Project Manager, or Executive Board positions
- Resume Development – Professionals recognize that the SCNO member experience involves the collaboration of the brightest minds
- Community Service – Use your skills to show your concern for the greater good and enhance non-profit impact on our community
- Organization & Management – Learn how consulting firms work, everything from client management to internal operations
- Fun & Friends – You'll meet people with shared interests and will have an amazing time working together
Interested in joining SCNO? Start the application now.
Select a Date